Sunday, July 17, 2005

Stanford Jazz Workshop

The Stanford Jazz Workshop starts today, July 17 with Jazz Camp for ages 12-17. Registration may be closed for these 2 weeks but they are still looking for a few instruments to fill the gaps.

The Adult Jazz Residency starts July 31.

In concert with the Workshop are performances on the Stanford campus every night for the next 3 weeks. And, if things are the same as when I attended, there are jam sessions in the Rathskeller everynight till midnight, at least during the adult week. This is a great opportunity to hear, see, celebrate and participate in jazz on the peninsula.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Worley said...

Hi Stu,
I'll be teaching at the Stanford Jazz Workshop during the adult week. Should be alot of fun. Also, my band WorlView will be playing at the Stanford Shopping Center this Thursday, July 21st as part of the SF Jazz summer series from 6-7:30pm. Hope to see you there.
John

12:02 AM, July 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 16 year old son attended the jazz camp at Stanford this past week. He was appalled by the marijuana smoking that went on in the dorm rooms. Pot smoking was rampant every evening, with bongs in the middle of several dorm rooms and kids getting stoned each night. I spent over $2000 for my son to attend this camp and I am disgusted by the lack of supervision given to these young teens. Stanford claims they have 1 counselor to every 5 students...this is not true! I can tell you my son will not attend this camp again. I would advise anyone who is thinking about sending their child to this camp to look elsewhere.

12:33 PM, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home