Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Singing Saws



Many of the world's best contemporary saw players -- they're called sawyers, really -- will convene next weekend at Roaring Camp in Felton (Santa Cruz County) for the Saw Players Picnic & Music Festival, the 27th such event. Read about it in here from the San Francisco Chronicle's Pink Section.

Once you have seen this, you cannot unsee it! I saw it, last year. We had never been to Roaring Camp and we wanted to look at some property in Felton. I happened to see this annual event happening and next thing I know, we are there. We got to see virtuoso Hajime Sakita (pictured) play and were truly amazed. Now imagine the grand finale, over 30 sawyers on stage, ages 9 to 90. I don't know what to say except that I will never forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home