Friday, November 04, 2005

John Worley Birthday Bash

There are a lot of heavies playing this weekend, but I am going to help John celebrate his 50th birthday at BOAS in Cupertino, Saturday night. All the usual suspects from the Worlview band should be there and I expect a few others to sit in, maybe quite a few others. It should be well worth my time.

Two Three other Worley items of note.

There is a huge article in today's San Francisco Chronicle about John, although I have not yet had time to read it. A very cool article with quotes of high praise from Carla Bley and Steve Swallow about his performance at the recent Monterey Jazz Festival. (That's my photo John!)

Also check out John's blog. He has an interesting post about how he learned to play trumpet. An insightful look at the early Worley.

To top it all off, John is playing tonight and Sunday with Stanley Clark at Yoshi's. Sweet!

1 Comments:

Blogger John Worley said...

Hi Stu,
Thanks for the nice post. I know that's your picture. I was alittle bummed that they didn't get the name right. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Lori tomorrow. It will be a great evening of music and fun.
Thanks again!
John

1:30 AM, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home