Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rhoda Scott B3ist in the Bay Area


I must confess that I do not know jazz organist Rhoda Scott, but then reading the article on her in last Sunday's Pink Section, not many others have heard of her either.

While revered by her B3 peers, Scott is largely unknown in the United States, an unheralded status explained by her almost four-decade residence in Paris. Some high-profile stateside gigs in recent years have helped let American audiences know what they've been missing. Under the auspices of San Jose Hammond B3 maven Pete Fallico, Scott hits Northern California for a series of performances this month, including Thursday and Friday at Jazz at Pearl's, Saturday at Copia in Napa and March 30 at Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz. She's working with her regular drummer Lucien Dobat, and will be joined at each concert by Kim Nalley on vocals.


I'm a sucker for jazz organ and I if I can fit her into my schedule, I'll write about it here.

Links:
SFGate Pink Section article
Rhoda Scott's web site
Jazz at Pearls
Copia
Kuumbwa Jazz Center
The Doodlin Lounge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home