Monday, May 01, 2006

This month at Yoshi's

There is a strong showing of local artists playing at Yoshi's this month.

A native of Brazil, vocalist Celia Malheiros plays tonight, May 1. I really know nothing about her but I know Mary Fettig is in the band playing flute.

Vocalist Natasha Miller sings from her new CD tomorrow night, Tuesday, with another handful of bay area musicians.

Wednesday brings us the Jon Jang Seven. We saw this group at Monterey last year and I thought they were having more fun then anyone else we watched. Of course friends John Worley and Wayne Wallace will be there on trumpet and trombone.

The Northgate High School Jazz Band performs next Monday, May 15. I'm guessing this is the band from Walnut Creek and not a hundred other Northgate bands I found on Google.

"Pianist, organist, composer and arranger" describes Tammy Hall on her web site. The list of influences and performance experience tells me this will be one fine show. Catch her on May 16.

Rebecca Mauleon has a CD release party on May 17 for Descarga en California. Rebecca always delivers a dynamic and passionate performance.

Opie Bellas vocalises on May 22.

The Mel Martin Quartet plays a Tribute to John Coltrane on May 23.

Get more details from the Yoshi's web site at yoshi's.com

7 Comments:

Blogger John Worley said...

Dude, we all love your blog......please come back and share more with us!!!!Plus, you got me into this and now I can't stop blogging!!!!!
John aka Worlboy Worley

2:26 PM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a really nice blog, keep it growning...

Dennis

11:52 AM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Digirammy said...

Hey every one, my best friends lil brother just introduced me to Gordin Goodwin's music because they played on of his songs in his High School Jazz group. I wasn't a jazz fan untill I heard his stuff and now I am a believer. You can download one of his songs for free from here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GLHC6M/ref=cm_cr_thx_view ENJOY! AND MAY THE GROOVES FLOW THROUGH DEPTHS UNKNOWN........

2:52 PM, November 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to list bassist Charnett Moffett and his trio with drummer Will Calhoun from Living Colour, May 13-14.

10:31 AM, May 14, 2009  
Blogger jasonbrockvocals said...

I'm sorry this blog isn't still going - I'm doing something similar, and it would be great to have more SF jazz blogs like ours.

2:14 AM, July 26, 2009  
Blogger ANALOGSOUL said...

hello.
nice blog! my name is fabian, i work for ANALOGSOUL, a german network for fantastic music and i would love to send you some music. maybe you are interested. for that i need some contact info. maybe you can send me a short mail to: kontakt (at) analogsoul (dot) de

thanks in advance.
fab

8:39 AM, June 23, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! Visit my high-end jazz vinyl collecting blog here: http://www.1139indearoldstockholm.com

Cheers!

Fredrik

1:56 AM, October 21, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home