Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bill Evans Soulgrass

There is no shortage of unusual music in the bay area. Consider the Bill Evans Soulgrass "event" this week at Yoshi's: Bill Evans on Sax, Bela Fleck on banjo, Vinnie Colaiuta on drums, Jimmy Haslip on bass and Darol Anger on bass, heavies all and "an exciting blend of bluegrass, jazz and soul."

I use the term "event" as I see no other performances scheduled anywhere for this ensemble. Since I am not allergic to bluegrass and have some roots in Appalachian music, I think I will check this out.

There is a Sunday matinee with a reduced price for kids. Thursday at 8 is sold out.

Thursday, May 19 - Sunday, May 22
Thu 8:00pm & 10:00pm Shows $22
Fri, Sat Shows at 8:00pm & 10:00pm$26
Sun 2:00pm Matinee, $5 Kids, $15 Adult W/One Kid, $22 General
Sun 8:00pm Show $26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home